Frequently asked questions about
Kiteboarding in Egypt
Egypt is famous for the pyramids and being the cradle of civilization, but did you know that Egypt is one of the best kite destinations in the world?
What do I need to bring on a kite safari cruise?
Yallah Sport Kite Safari is an all-inclusive luxury kitesurfing cruise. We take care of everything including food, drinks, kitesurfing lessons, and more. We advise you to bring your own personal items such as:
- Protective clothing
- Reef shoes
- Special Alcohol
Do you provide kitesurf equipement rental?
Yes, we can provide equipment rental in Hurghada including
- Kiteboard Rental
- Kite Rental
- Kitesurf Harness Rental
You must tell us at the time of booking or at least 1-week prior to departure if you need kitesurf equipment rental.
How many days does it take to learn kitesurfing?
Generally speaking, a full beginner will learn to kitesurf within 7 days (during the kite cruise).
Kitesurfing is a fun sport for all ages, our instructors and very patient and experienced and will make sure you are on the right track to become a competent kitesurfer. However, everyone’s ability is different, everyones commitment is different and so we cannot guarantee your performance, only you can!
What kitesurf spots to you visit?
Our safari starts from Hurghada, the biggest coastal city of the Red Sea. During our trips, we visit up to 4 islands (depending on the conditions), all of them offering spacious lagoons, shallow water and constant, reliable wind.
You can find more information about spots here.
What is the windy season in Egypt?
The windy season in Egypt lasts from April to November, although you can catch windy days all year round. The best season is between June and October, with September statistically being the windiest month.
What is the water temperature in Egypt?
The constant wind and the sea keeps the temperature on the islands at pleasant 25-30°C during the day, and a few degrees less during the night. The water temperature reach over 25°C and the wetsuit is not needed, while for the spring and autumn we recommend to bring a shorty.
Where are the best kitesurfing locations in Egypt?
Egypt has many kitesurfing spots on the coast of the Red Sea including Hurghada and El Gouna (where Yallah Sport is based). You can also go kitesurfing on the North Coast of Egypt as well as Dahab on the Sinai peninsula.
Do I need a Visa to come to Egypt?
Yes. All visitors to Egypt need to obtain a visa to enter the country unless they are from a visa-exempt country. It is very easy to obtain a single-entry visa upon arrival for around USD $25.
What kite sizes do I need in Egypt?
The size of your kite depends on your weight and wind strength. Typically, we would recommend a 75kg person to bring
- 12m (for light wind around 12knots)
- 9m (for medium/strong wind around 18-22 knots)
- 7m (optional for 25* knot winds)
We can arrange additional kites if required, providing notice is provided 1-week prior to departure.
How do I get from Hurghada airport to my hotel
Taxis and Uber are easily available from Hurghada airport to your hotel in Hurghada or El Gouna. Yallah Sport will provide you with a private transfer when booking our luxury kitesurfing cruise.
Where does the kitesurfing cruise depart from?
The kitesurfing cruise departs from the new Hurghada Marina (pictured below). If you are already in Hurghada, Yallah Sport will provide you with a private transfer from your hotel to the marina when booking our luxury kitesurfing cruise.
What is included the price?
The price of €1200 includes:
- Transfer from the airport to the boat and back
- 7 nights on a luxury boat XY
- Deluxe cabin* (double occupancy) with air conditioning, mini fridge, shower, and toilet + welcome drink for each room (wine)
- Jacuzzi on the sun deck of the yacht
- 7x full board meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Soft drinks, fruits and snacks will be the whole time.
- Kite guide and a beach boy
- Unlimited rescue boat use
- Diamond service in the island
- (Starting from inflating and till deflating the Kite)
- Kite equipment storage
- Coaching tips & tricks for advanced riders
- Video analysis in the evenings
- Wakeboard, snorkeling and SUP equipment
- Photo & Video of the week
- Free Wi-Fi
- Customized poncho with your name
- Insulated water bottle with your name
- Hurghada Port and islands Fuel fee
*A cabin in the main deck cost an additional 100€ per person
What is excluded from the price?
Prices start from 1200€
- What is not included
- Flight to/from Hurghada, Egypt
- Entry visa
- Kitesurfing equipment rental
- Alcoholic drinks beer and wine
Extra charges and fees:
- Marine park 50€ per person
- Tip for the boat crew 70€
• A cabin in the main deck cost an additional 100€ per person
• Beginners group course – 9 hours with 2 students per teacher (250 € per student)
• Private beginners course – 9 hours (400€ )
• Advanced private course – 4 hours cost (300€)
• Equipment Rental (book in advance, price dependant on needs).
• Full equipment rental (Includes: kites, twin-tip board, harness, and control bar) 380€/week 80€/daily
• Kites 300€/week (Includes: two kite sizes) 80/€daily (Includes: two kite sizes)
• Twin-Tip and Directional Boards 120€/week 60€/daily
• Foil Boards 400€/week 100€/daily
• Harnesses and Control Bars 75€/week 25€/daily
• Insurance 50€ / for equipment (optional)
Checkin & Checkout
YALLAH kite safari always starts on Saturday, when we expect your arrival after 2 PM. We spend the first night in the marina and start cruising early on Sunday morning. After 6 days of cruising, we return to the marina on Friday afternoon and visit the city of Hurghada for dinner or a drink (optional). The checkout time is on Saturday at 11 PM.
We understand that unfortunate circumstances arrive. Therefore we offer a full refund if you are impacted by any COVID-related border closures or travel restrictions.
Visit Red Sea Islands in Style
We Have Vacancy!
Check out our 2023 schedule.
April 8 – 15 Sold Out
June 17 – 24